The beers from Motorworks Brewing, Manatee County's first production craft brewery, will be available in bars and restaurants in Manatee and Sarasota counties starting Friday, according to the brewery. Up to now the beers have only been available at the brewery at 1014 9th St. W. in Bradenton. Motorworks has partnered with Gold Coast Eagle Distributing to get their brews to retailers.
Motorworks and Gold Coast Eagle will celebrate the rollout with a Friday pub crawl to the seven bars and restaurants that will be serving their beers. Patrons will be able to drink Indy IPA, Cruiser Kolsch and Pit-Crew Porter, according to a news release. There will also be door prizes and other giveaways.
The beer will be draft only at first, with cans coming later, according to Kristin Martin, Motorworks social media director.
"We want to be the go-to beach beer," Martin said.
Here's the pub crawl schedule:
1. Mr. Beery's (2645 Mall Drive, Sarasota) from 3 to 4 p.m.
2. Cock & Bull (975 Cattlemen Road, Sarasota) from 4 to 5 p.m.
3. World of Beer (8217 Tourist Center Drive, Sarasota) from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
4. Beef 'O' Brady's (4286 53rd Ave. E., Bradenton) from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
5. Evie's Tavern (5955 Factory Shops Blvd., Ellenton) from 7 to 8 p.m.
6. PaddyWagon Irish Pub (4402 State Road 64, Bradenton) from 8 to 9 p.m.
7. The Lost Kangaroo Pub (406 12th St. W., Bradenton) from 9 to 10 p.m.
While only these seven places will have their beers Friday, Martin said kegs will be going into wider release each week.
Motorworks is the last of the Sarasota-Manatee-Charlotte craft breweries to put its beers into distribution. They join Big Top Brewing and JDub's Brewing Co. in Sarasota County, Darwin Brewing in Bradenton and Fat Point in Punta Gorda.