The Junior League of Manatee is hosting their second annual Beertopia, a beer and food tasting, Saturday at Gold Coast Eagle Distributing, 7051 Wireless Court in Lakewood Ranch, from 7 to 10 p.m.
Sarah Mackie with the Junior League says they are expecting 500 to 600 people this year.
Mackie said Beertopia will feature the following hors d'oeuvres from local restaurants paired with beers, ciders and malternatives:
- Demetrio's: Greek salad, chicken and sausage appetizers, and meatball marinara paired with Castello Beer
- Ezra's: Barbecue brisket with smoked cheddar on a crisp wonton and triple chocolate chip cookies paired with Labatt Blue Light
- Gecko's: Homemade chips and finger sandwiches paired with Seagrams Wild Berries
- MacAllister's: Seafood bruschetta paired with Magic Hat No. 9
- Smoothie King: Stuffed cheddar pretzels paired with Pacifico Clara
- Daiquiri Deck Raw Bar: Barbecue ribs paired with Gordon Biersch Marzen
- Siesta Key Catering: Oriental duck served on a wonton paired with Tsingtao
- Knick's Tavern & Grill: Barbecue pork sliders with homemade slaw paired with Strongbow cider
- Soma Diner: Lobster macaroni and cheese paired with Estrella Damm
- Pancake House and Restaurant: Cornbread and cornbread with chocolate chips paired with Victory Brewing Prima Pils and Hop Devil
- Stonewood Grill & Tavern: House smoked salmon paired with St. Pauli Girl
There will also be live music from Big Daddy, a silent auction and a raffle.
Tickets are $50 in advance (buy them here) or $60 at the door. Proceeds will support the league.